Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box, The Arbinger Institute
Before You Meet
I. Meditate 3-5 times on John 13:1-17 this week.
- Start with prayer for yourself and for others reading the same verse, that the same Spirit that inspired these words would open your heart and mind to them as well.
- Then read (often out loud) and reread, stopping to ponder particular phrases or words. Go back to the same 10-15 verses multiple times in the same week.
- Taking notes on what the Word is doing in you is often helpful. If stuck, you can think through questions of the text like does this challenge me? Convict me? Does it promise me anything? How does it point to Jesus?
- After chewing on the Word, close with prayer, often turning the same verses you are reading into a prayer back to God.
II. Read Leadership and Self-Deception, Part III: “How to Get Out of the Box.”
Highlight and/or take notes for discussion.
III. Watch the sermon “Life Under the Sign of the Cross,” below.
Write down some observations/reflections.
The Day You Meet
- Deeper Relationship building: Who were the people that sat around your dinner table growing up? What have your primary family relationships been like?
- Interact with the material: Based on your written notes, what was new; what did you question; how will you apply it? Did you try to put this into action? How did that go?
- Prayer: Share one thing you are struggling with this week that could use some prayer support. Pray for each other and end with the Lord’s Prayer.